Building brilliant customer relationships through effective personalisation and first party data
10.30 - 15.30 | 19th October 2023 | Central London
£275 + VAT (PPA Member) | £550 + VAT (Non-Member)
Using first party data and personalisation in your communications with prospects and customers should be a core component of publishers’ marketing mix.
This course will enable you to define clear practical strategies for proven commercial applications of personalisation publishers complete with a realistic ‘next steps’ action plan.
The course is packed full of publisher case studies to inspire and motivate you to grow your first party data and personalise communications through email and other marketing technologies.
What you will learn during the half-day course:
- How to build a rich and legally compliant first party data set
- How to use owned marketing channels to acquire new subscribers
- How to use your email service provider (ESP) and other marketing technologies to achieve your marketing objectives
- How to use your first party data to conduct multi-channel marketing, plus an overview of current targeting techniques
- The role of 'personalisation' in your marketing
Email list building and management
- The legal data protection requirements for first party data capture and management
- How to build a responsive first party data list
- How to leverage email to drive response against your primary metrics
Reporting and measurement
- What to measure and why?
- Setting KPIs within your wider marketing mix
Understanding how to use email addresses as part of your data strategy
- What you can do when you know an email address beyond just mailing it
- How to calculate what an email address is worth to you
Using email to sell
- How to build an email acquisition campaign including use of automation
- Basic subject line and copy hints and tips
- Using email as part of your retention communications
- Identifying your email ‘quick wins’
Using email to onboard and engage
- How to build an effective registration strategy
What you will be able to do confidently after attending the course:
- Deploy proven tactics to build a responsive first party data list and how to activate it via the full marketing mix
- Improve your use of owned channels to acquire new subscribers
- Make a persuasive case for investment in first party data collection
- Write a realistic ‘quick wins’ comms action plan aligned with your longer-term strategy
- Be able to identify tools and tactics on how to measure your personalisation campaign performance
Buy your tickets now!
PPA Members: PPAMEMBER
PPA Independent Publisher Members: PPAIPMEMBER
Independent Publisher Members: IPNONMEMBER
Abi Spooner, Atlas Consultancy
19th October 2023
The Office Group (TOG)
Nearest Tube: Oxford Circus
The entrance to Liberty House is just off Regents Street at the back of the building, on the corner of Great Marlborough Street and Kingly Street.
10.30 - 15.30 (Lunch included. All courses start at 10.30am to enable delegates from outside London to travel in on the day)
Mix of classroom and workshop styles
The Independent Publisher rate (Member or Non-Member) is available for smaller publishers with an annual turnover under £10 million for the financial year covering the qualifying period. If buying tickets at this rate, you may be asked for evidence of your company turnover. Tickets bought at this price for companies which exceed the turnover limit will be re-invoiced at the appropriate rate.