Who is my customer? Audience development and customer targeting in subscriptions
10.30 - 15.30 | 6th July 2023 | Central London
£275 + VAT (PPA Member) | £550 + VAT (Non-Member)
Publishers are increasingly aware of the value of turning anonymous audiences into known engaged audiences with a high propensity to buy the publisher’s own products and services.
This course will provide you with a practical framework to build your own audience development strategy. This session focuses on delivering valuable and engaged leads with a high propensity to buy products and services direct, such as subscriptions, memberships, event tickets and e-commerce products.
The course will feature illuminating real publisher ‘best practice’ case studies.
The course is aimed at:
Marketers with responsibility for ‘top of the funnel’ audience development and lead-nurturing within B2B and B2C publishers.
What you will learn during the half-day course:
- How to define your target audience(s)
- Understanding the value of your current audience(s)
- How to attract and engage your target audience(s) using simple content marketing techniques
- When and how to create a value exchange to turn anonymous audiences into known engaged prospects
- How to build productive relationships with technical and editorial teams to ‘make stuff happen’ quickly
- Practical audience development ‘first steps’ to implement immediately on your return to your company
Introduction to audience development
- The commercial value of audience development
- What constitutes a ‘good’ prospect
- How to define your target audience
Strategy and tactics for audience development
- How to measure audience engagement
- How to build engagement and nurture audiences
- When and how to ask anonymous users ‘who are you’?
- Setting goals and objectives
- Working with technical and editorial teams effectively and how to use third parties
- How to write your ‘first steps’ action plan
What you will be able to do confidently after attending the course:
- Design and deliver an audience development and lead generation practical plan that will significantly improve your customer acquisition marketing efficiency
- Define what the first ‘quick wins’ are for your own company
- How to begin to implement your audience development plan immediately
Buy your tickets now!
PPA Members: PPAMEMBER
PPA Independent Publisher Members: PPAIPMEMBER
Independent Publisher Members: IPNONMEMBER
Abi Spooner, Atlas Consultancy
6th July 2023
Nearest Tube: Chancery Lane (3 minute walk), Holborn (6 minutes), Farringdon (11 minutes)
10.30 - 15.30 (Lunch included. All courses start at 10.30am to enable delegates from outside London to travel in on the day)
Mix of classroom and workshop styles
The Independent Publisher rate (Member or Non-Member) is available for smaller publishers with an annual turnover under £10 million for the financial year covering the qualifying period. If buying tickets at this rate, you may be asked for evidence of your company turnover. Tickets bought at this price for companies which exceed the turnover limit will be re-invoiced at the appropriate rate.