TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The PPA Back in Town is an event administered by the Professional Publishers Association Limited ("PPA"), incorporating an evening drinks reception for members. It is scheduled to take place on September 15, 2021
2. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
(a) "Organiser" means the Professional Publishers Association Limited (PPA), a company registered in England, company number 00132310, registered address White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London, EC1Y 8AF.;
(b) "Delegate" means an individual, whether part of a group or otherwise, by whom (or on behalf of whom) a booking of a place to attend (attendance at) the Event has been made which has been confirmed by the Organiser and includes those registered as PPA Member Delegates; PPA Affiliate Member Delegates and non-Member Delegates;
(c) "Substitution" means any circumstance where a Delegate who has booked a ticket is unable to attend the event, and arranges for another individual to attend in their place, in agreement with the Organiser.
3. By registering for and/or attending the Event, all Delegates agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions. It is the Delegate's responsibility to read and understand these Terms and Conditions
4. In order to attend the Event as a Delegate, participants must have registered for a ticket and received confirmation from the organiser
5. The event is free to attend
6. The ticket does not include any travel costs, or any costs of accommodation. The ticket relates solely to attendance at the Event.
7. Details of the Delegate place at the Event will be confirmed by the Organiser once the completed registration form is received by the Organiser via the event website or by email request.
8. Delegate places at the Event are limited. Places are subject to availability.
9. Substitutions can be requested by giving written notice to the Organiser by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Organiser reserves the right to accept or deny a request for Substitution.
10. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel your Delegate place at any time and for whatever reason (including without limitation cancellation of the Event)
11. In the event of fire, flood or without limit other causes that the Organiser reasonably believes to be substantial or that are beyond the Organiser's control, including COVID-19 restrictions being put in place to prevent the event from going ahead, the Organiser reserves the right to change the times, dates and the venues of the Event, without incurring any liability to you.
12. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. These Terms and Conditions, together with the registration form, constitute the entire agreement of the parties. In entering into this agreement, the parties have not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in this agreement. Each Delegate shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them in all respects.
14. These Terms and Conditions may not be modified, amended or rescinded, in whole or in part, except by written amendments signed by both parties.
15. To the full extent allowed by law and insofar as it is reasonable to do so, the Delegate agrees not to hold the Organiser liable for any damage or loss suffered or incurred by the Delegate during the course of the Event, including consequential (i.e. losses which are not incurred as a direct consequence of the event leading to any claim) or indirect losses or loss of profit, through registering for the Event, attending the Event, alteration of the Event schedule, cancellation of the Event, or any error or omission on the part of the Organiser.
16. The Delegate by accepting these Terms and Conditions hereby warrants that he is attending the Event in the course of his or her business and indemnifies the Organiser and its servants and agents against and hold it harmless from all or any loss or damage, injury, actions, proceedings or claims arising from any act or omission of the Delegate during the course of the Event.
17. Delegates are responsible for taking appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the Event. Where the Delegate is travelling from outside of the United Kingdom to attend the Event, appropriate travel insurance should be purchased independently and in advance of any travel or travel bookings, to include cover for COVID-19 restrictions
18. Any personal information provided as part of the Event registration is used for the purpose for which it has been provided.
19. Data Protection: In completing and submitting the registration form, Delegates agree (or it is agreed by the booker on their behalf) that the Organiser may periodically contact Delegates with details of events and services that may be of interest to them.
20. In the event of inappropriate behaviour by any Delegate in the view of the Organiser or the Event venue operator, the Delegate may be refused entry or asked to leave and excluded from the Event without refund or compensation.
21. Delegates may be asked to undergo reasonable security searches at the Event venue.