VAT and DIGITAL EDITIONS
PPA Breakfast Briefing with Deloitte.
With a recent tribunal (UTT) decision finding that digital editions of News UK’s The Times and The Sun should qualify for the zero-rate of VAT applied to print newspapers, this briefing will discuss the implications of the UTT decision and practical implications for publishing businesses.
THIS BRIEFING WILL COVER:
- High level summary of the News Upper Tribunal decision and the key principles from it
- An overview of the implications and possibilities that could emerge in light of the decision, including analysis on the application of the decision to other digital publications and mixed/bundled supplies
- An overview of considerations required to prepare a protective claim and other practical considerations related to filing a protective claim
- Retrospective claims: what could be recovered retrospectively and the time frames involved
- Prospective claims: from what date can taxpayers apply the zero rate to relevant supplies and how should this be handled
- The appeal process (should HMRC lodge an appeal): an overview of the process and timelines
Charlotte Street Hotel
15-17 Charlotte St
London W1T 1RJ
Tuesday February 18, 2020
09.00 - 11.00
Tickets are FREE, strictly for PPA Members. Click below to reserve your place. Tickets are limited, so be sure to get your space while you can.
Lead Indirect Tax TMT
Abi is a Partner in the Indirect Taxes team based in London, with 20 years’ experience. Abi leads the UK and EMEA TMT team for Indirect Tax.
Abi’s focus is primarily in advising multi-national organisations on the Indirect Tax issues around supply chain (including optimisation), new product launches and entering new geographical territories. Abi’s industry focus is for businesses within the technology, media and telecommunication and travel sectors. She is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Tax.
Head of Indirect Tax Litigation,
Advisory & Settlement Team
Advisory & Settlement Team Partner